- Cannot launch a 32bit application packaged with ThinApp on a 64bit platform
- Launching a 32bit application packaged with ThinApp on a 64bit platform fails with application errors
- The 32bit application packed with ThinApp on a 64 bit platform fails to launch correctly
- If an application natively installs to C:\Program Files\<Program>, customize the installation to C:\<Program>. This prevents Windows from loading a virtual 32bit directory inside the 64bit directory.
- If an application utilizes system-installed DLLs located at %SystemSystem%, the DLLs may not properly load from SYSWOW64. Removing the offending DLLs from the ThinApp project folder allows the native DLLs to be used.
- Ensure that the %Drive_C%\<Program> folder is set to merged isolation mode in the ##Attributes.ini file. This may resolve any application-specific DLL loading issues. If hard-coded paths exist within the software and the virtual directory does not translate to the correct path that the software is looking for, it may also be necessary to copy any files required by the software to the native path for proper loading.
- Recapture the application using the latest available build of ThinApp. Recapturing the application can provide better compatibility than relinking an application captured in an obsolete version of ThinApp.